Monday, May 30, 2011

Here we go...

I'm such a perfectionist, I can barely write my first entry...but since this is a self-styled diary, I guess that rambling and honesty are perfectly acceptable.  

I decided to start this blog (on the almost eve of my trip to India to begin Yoga Teacher Training at Rishikesh Yog Peeth) to share my experiences and progress on my yogic path with my friends, family, and welcome onlookers.  For years I wanted a more consistent yoga practice and to do a yoga teacher training program.  Over the past year, my practice has become much more consistent.  Because of my busy work schedule, however, a yoga teacher training program had not been an option.  Now, after a very, very early retirement from the practice of law, I am able to pursue this long-time dream.  Guess whose sooo excited?!

For the interested and skeptical, I plan to pack this blog with pictures and documentation of my journey.  Yoga is supposed to be a fix-all, fountain of youth.  Let's see what following a (relatively) strict yogic lifestyle* can do.  My guess is that, at a minimum, the asana practice (yoga posture practice) will wage an all-out attack on any of my lingering ideas of perfectionism.  This I welcome.

*  Beginning June 6, 2011, I will switch to a strictly vegetarian diet and my days will consist of the following:

06:00 a.m. to 07:00 a.m.
::
Pranayama and chanting
::
Mon to Sun

07:15 a.m. to 08:45 a.m.
::
Teaching of Yoga Asana
::
Mon to Sat

09:15 a.m.
::
Breakfast
::
Mon to Sun

09:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
::
Lecture on Yoga Philosophy
::
Mon to Sat

01:00 p.m.
::
Lunch
::
Mon to Sun

04:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.
::
Lecture on Human Anatomy and Physiology
::
Mon to Sat

05:15 p.m. to 06:45 p.m.
::
Teaching of Yoga Asana
::
Mon to Sat

07:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m.
::
Teaching of Pranayama and Meditation
::
Mon to Sat

08:30 p.m.
::
Dinner
::
Mon to Sun

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and to follow you on your yoga journey. :) Love and happiness to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, my love, I hope that this yoga journey enriches your soul and your body and that you find peace, love and clarity through your practice (and in India!!

    ReplyDelete